What’s changed in Office 2021?
There are several other new features in Office 2021 pro plus.
- Excel gets a variety of new features and functions, including XLOOKUP, which lets you find things in a table or range. Also new to Excel are a number of dynamic arrays, which let you write one formula and have it return an array of values. Excel 2021’s new XMATCH function lets you search for an item in an array or range of cells, and then return the item’s relative position. You can also use it to return a value in an array.
- In PowerPoint, there are improved Record Slide Show capabilities, which include presenter video recording, ink recording, and laser pointer recording.
- Outlook gets an improved search called Instant Search, as well as the ability to translate messages into more than 70 languages and to use ink to annotate email messages.
- Access (available only with certain enterprise Office editions) gets an updated Linked Table Manager and a new Date/Time Extended data type.
- Overall, there are more stock images and icons; a Microsoft Search box for searching content from multiple Office applications; AutoSave, which automatically saves changes to OneDrive; support for the OpenDocument format (ODF) and some under-the-hood performance improvements, among other changes.